Hyaluronic acid delivers many skin benefits. This compound is naturally found and produced by the body. Its main function is to secure moisture within skin cells, making it look fuller and smoother too.
Skincare companies include hyaluronic acid in many of their beauty products including creams (Anti Aging Cream), serums, and injectables. There are also companies that offer hyaluronic acid in supplement form.
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a natural glycosaminoglycan. It plays an important role in the function of connective tissues. You can derive hyaluronic acid from a wide array of food sources, supplements, and even in powder form.
Hyaluronic acid is one of the main components of the extracellular matrix; that which is the tissue that provides structure and support to human cells.
What does hyaluronic acid do?
- Hyaluronic acid or HA supports the function of soft tissues. In the case of people suffering from osteoarthritis, hyaluronic acid helps in reinforcing and strengthening joints.
- HA plays a crucial role in keeping the cartilage strong. It makes it possible for the cartilage to resist compression and pressure.
- Hyaluronic acid acts as a smart nutrient that can adjust its moisture absorption abilities based on prevailing humidity.
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid
- Hyaluronic acid plays a big part in protecting the skin from harmful UVB rays. It is used by companies as an important ingredient in the making of anti-aging skincare products and supplements.
- It seals in moisture within skin cells so they remain supple despite aging.